Saturday, August 30, 2008

Water play


The sun hits our camp & dock the best in the morning and after a quick breakfast it was time to play. With one daring dive off the dock, Jordan was the first one to hit the water.





After a few minutes swimming around she opted for one of the inflatable rafts belonging by my Nieces. Since that looked like such a good idea, I was compelled to join her. I tried my best to get in the raft with as little contact with the water as possible. Unfortunately, since the rafts were made for children and with my being a plus sized adult um.... it was not the graceful process I had hoped for and I got wet. very wet.




I finally thought to bring the raft over to the shallows to get on from there, and off I went, chasing my daughter around the pond. She was trying to paddle herself around with a little bitty paddle, I was going for kick power.




Cameron in the meanwhile, had not yet dared to brave the less than 70 degree water and was still on the dock, dangling her feet in the water. Chicken!




Eventually, she wandered off and got some noodles from under the house and we entertained ourselves with noodle water fights.






After we grew bored with that, I wandered off again. Soaking up the warm Maine sunshine & enjoying the time spent floating on the pond. Until that is, my mean daughter swam up with nefarious intent.... Splash. In the water I went.






That's ok. It gave me the opportunity to try to coax Cameron in to the water.






After she stopped trying to drown me and I got her in a "warm spot" she seemed to finally relax and enjoy the water. This was funny to me because when I was a kid, it was the adults who feared the cold and the little ones who didn't seem to care. I guess she's been spoiled by the warm waters of Virginia.

No comments: