Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One morning in Maine...


Day 3 dawned calm and clear. I got up before the rest of the family and had some coffee out on the deck. Mornings are without a doubt my favorite time.
There is usually a loon or two out on the pond, the birds are chirping, the feeders my parents keep are busy and there I sit,
communing with nature.

My father has a humming bird feeder that has got to be the busiest feeder I've ever seen! It wasn't unusual to see 3 or 4 Hummingbirds flying around the feeder although I never did see more than one land and have a snack at the same time. Needless to say, I snapped a ton of hummingbird photos.



There were other feeders that attracted other types of birds. Including this little black & yellow guy (no clue what kind of bird he is, sorry)




And also what I think are chickadee's




After the birds finished eating and scattering seed all over the place, the clean up crew would come along and make sure all the scatter was cleaned up nice & tidy.



But alas. The idyllic quiet mornings never lasted long and soon, the next member of the household would arise and begin her morning dance on the dock and all the wildlife - feather, fin & fur would scurry away.

No comments: