Sunday, August 31, 2008

Heading out...

Friday morning was every bit as wonderful as the day before. I had my coffee out on the deck and enjoyed the tranquility until the rest of the household started to stir. Unfortunately this day was a short one. Cameron & I had time for a trip out in the canoe (this time she sat in front!) and then it was back to the business of cleaning & packing as we had to be in Massachusetts by dinnertime.

I snapped some last photos of the pond & surrounding mountains as I stood on the dock. There are no words to describe the feeling of peace, comfort and contentment that I felt during our few days in Maine. I am so glad I finally decided it was time to make the trip. For the life of me, I don't know what took me so long.








We hit the road about noontime, headed for the annual clam bake at my in-laws cottage in Fairhaven. The trip brought us only a few minutes away from Exeter. Although I felt the pull, I didn't mention it. I figured my family had had enough of my childhood this week and Dave would probably kill me if I asked him to do a drive by.

We got to the cottage in about 5 or so hours. Just in time for cocktails. Our family friends the Henderson's had arrived a few hours before us and everyone was happy and ready for the feast on Saturday.

No comments: