Sunday, July 13, 2008

Photography class week 2 creative assignment


I had to take photographs of something in my town I've never noticed before.
That was hard for me because if I've never noticed it, how do I know it's there??!?

I did have an inspiration today & I loaded the girls in the car and went to an arboretum that I've always known was there, but had never been to. It was actually a pretty neat place. It's located sort of behind a car dealership, right on one of the main streets in town. Not where you'd expect miles of walking trails. Typical of us, we did show up in flip flops and without bug spray so we didn't stay more than an hour or so. I took a few pictures of the girls, which after looking at them, I realize I should have used a different lens, a different apeture and probably a different shutter speed. Oh well. I guess that's what learning is all about. Either way I managed to get a good photo for my creative assignment - although I have NO CLUE what this particular piece of vintage farming equipment is, I thought the photo came out nice. I also got to explore a bit in a place I've never been to before and to spend some quality time with my girls. Oh.. and then there was the ice cream.
Dairy Queen was conveniently located on the way home.

No comments: