Friday, September 19, 2008

Meet the newest member of our family!!

That's right, it's official! The paperwork was signed by a judge on September 3rd and Jordan legally became Dave's daughter. How cool is that?!? We are all very happy and Jordan is busy changing all of her records and documents to reflect her change of parentage. I was very touched by the gesture when Dave suggested it a few months ago. I mean, we've felt like a family the whole time, Jordan has called Dave "dad" since the day we got married - but it was always there, the subtle difference in that he was not her official father, and her name didn't match the rest of ours. Now it does and she couldn't be more pleased, but underneath the name is where the real significance lies. To Jordan, it's a father who actually wants her. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. I'm very happy for her.

1 comment:

Make It Snappy3! said...

Congrats guys! That is happy news.